04 Oct Match your radiators to your wall colours
Match your radiators to your wall colours with our easy-to-follow guide … .
Level of difficulty
Level 2: Intermediate
What you need
- Dust sheet
- Radiator brush
- Metal primer
The steps to follow
- Make sure your radiator is turned off.
2. Cover the area where you’ll be working with a dust sheet.
3. If your radiator has been painted previously, strip off the old paint on the radiator.
4. Next, apply a coat of metal primer to the front and back of the radiator.Note:
- Metal primer prevents corrosion and also allows paint to adhere better.
- Use a regular paintbrush to paint the front of the radiator.
- Use a radiator paintbrush when applying primer or paint to the back of the radiator.
5. Let the primer dry before applying paint.
6. Start by brushing a coat of paint on the flutes of the radiator.
7. Then finish off by painting the top and bottom section of the radiator.
8. Let the paint dry before applying a second coat of paint.
9. Next paint the back of the radiator with a radiator brush.
10. Again let the paint dry before applying a second coat to the back of the radiator.
11. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly before turning on the radiator.